You have been working so hard! Your feeling lean, the numbers on the scale are going down, your cloths are fitting your better…then you realize it’s holiday time, and you have to leave your safe bubble of planning out your meals, using your containers, and having control over the food on the table.
Don’t worry! I have had this struggle for years and I am here to help your threw this festive time of year without packing on the pounds.
Follow these 7 tips to stay fit throughout Thanksgiving:
- Have a game plan. Before the chefs compete on Top Chef they know what they are going to make. It doesn’t matter the ingredients, if they want to make a soup, salad, and ice cream, no matter what they are given, it will happen. Do the same thing for your meal, map out exactly what you are going to have and follow through with it. For example: 1 protein, 1 serving of carbohydrates, 1 vegetable, 1 glass of wine and stick to it! Challenge yourself to not go over your designated amount.
- Be aware of portions. You probably aren’t going to bring your containers with you so be mindful about how much food you are putting on your plate. Use your hand as a reference, your protein should be 4-5 ounces, about the size of your palm. Your carbohydrates should be the size of half a tennis balls or about 1/2 cup if its a piece of bread, it should be about the size of your standard smart phone. Try to load up on leafy greens, cup two hands together, about 2 cups will be your serving https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7aG2OfAV5k
- Workout! Just because it’s the holidays, don’t put your workout on the back burner! You should work even harder today since you know your about to indulge! You can even do double duty (2 workouts) to really earn your meal.
- Drink Water! Simple, but it will help your body signal you when you are full. Stay hydrated! Especially when you are enjoying a adult beverage.
- Drink your shakeology for breakfast! Get your daily source of dense nutrition. It will help prevent any unwanted cravings throughout the day, allowing you to say no to foods you aren’t super interested in but could snack on. It will also help to keep you full so you will not over indulge.
- Think WWAD What Would Autumn Do….https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxFgEu2aNrc
- Don’t be yourself up! If you over indulge its okay! It happens to all of us, get right back on your healthy eating plan and within a few days those extra pounds will disappear!
I hope these help you to have a healthy and happy Thanksgiving!
Next Challenge Group Starts Dec. 1, message me if you are interested!